Chemical Peels are a fantastic treatment if you want to transform your skin into younger looking, healthier and clearer in just one week.
Chemical peels require no pre-peel skin preparation and the virtually pain free process takes less than 15 minutes.
The Perfect Peel
Chemicals Peels will help:
– Reduce acne
– Improve mild sun damage
– Brighten skin
– Tighten pores
Chemical Peel Prices
Chemical peels are available depending upon skin type and condition. Peels available are glycolic acid, malic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid and/or Tca peels.
Prices start at £100 to £300 per peel (except Perfect Peel £350) depending on the strength of peel required
NeoStrata ProSystem Retinol Peel
NeoStrata ProSystem Retinol Peel is an advanced facial peel that contains a whopping 3% retinol plus a specially developed Retinol Boosting ComplexTM to reduce wrinkles and blemishes, firm skin and brighten the complexion.
The key ingredients are:
- 3% Retinol: a form of Vitamin A that fights free radicals, boosts collagen production and speeds up cellular turnover (the skin’s natural exfoliating process)
- NeoCitrate®: an ingredient patented by NeoStrata that’s said to boost hylauronic acid and collagen production and plump skin
- Amino ll®: a patented amino acid derivative that boosts collagen and hyaluronic acid to plump skin and smooth lines and wrinkles.
AFTER THE NEOSTRATA PROSYSTEM RETINOL PEEL
Usually, a peel is applied and removed at the treatment centre Not this time. NeoStrata ProSystem Retinol Peel needs to stay on the skin for 8 hours (4 if your skin is sensitive). Only then you can rinse it off.
One should spend those four to eight hours at home with the avoiding sunlight which is not good when you have retinol on your face and can’t put sunscreen on – You can put sunscreen on only after rinsing off the peel-
For the first couple of days, nothing happens. It’s only on the third day that your skin starts to peel. Only a little bit at first. The fourth and fifth days can be the worst. Some skins can peeling/flake quite a lot, meaning one can’t use make up.
Your skin can look a bit red and feel a little tight but it isn’t generally painful or anything. But however can be a tad embarrassing.
The worst part is that you can’t pick or pull at the skin to help it shed. You have to wait for it to shed on its own or you can get scars. What you can do, though, is wash your face with a muslin cloth to remove all the little balls of dead skin cells from your face
A few tips from Elixir
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF20-50 and avoid direct sunlight for 2-4 weeks
- Use a non-oily moisturiser on a regular basis
- Do not have any other facial treatment for at least 1-2 weeks after your peel
- Resume regular use of Vitamin A products, AHAs and / or bleaching products ONLY after the peeling has stopped.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, pools, sauna and steam rooms until after the peeling has stopped
3-4 recommended around a month apart
Bio RePeel C13
This is the Bio RePeel Cl3 treatment. There are 2 versions of the treatment. 1 suitable for the body and 1 suitable for the face. Assists in softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, refreshing and revitalising the skin and is non-invasive.
A lot of peels can be uncomfortable, with this particular treatment you barely know you have it on apart from the distinctive smell.
This treatment takes around 10 minutes to complete and is best used in courses, although often there are good results with one off treatments (dependent on the individuals skin).